SMOKED PAPRIKA CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
Another recipe from Lycia and Taylor at Blackboard Grocery & Eatery in Fayetteville, Arkansas. These two helped us throw a wicked on-farm, farm-to-table dinner party and are kind enough to share their recipes from the event so that you can party in your home kitchen, too. This one is particularly delicious, and so simple we recommend it for a weeknight dinner, too.
With this recipe we were lookin’ for a little color with this recipe, and paprika makes for the prettiest food. We also wanted to tie in the flavor from the roasted sweet potato salad we served on the farm table as well. Not to mention we love love love this seasoning. Seriously, we love it!
SMOKED PAPRIKA CHICKEN DRUMS
2 lbs. bone in, skin on, chicken pieces
1 Tbsp smoked paprika
1 Tbsp melted butter
½ Tsp garlic powder
¾ Tsp Salt
¼ Tsp Pepper
HONEY LEMON GLAZE
2 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Pat all pieces dry with paper towel.
3. Toss pieces in the spice rub. Reserve any of that good stuff that doesn’t stick to the legs. You’ll use it later, trust us.
4. Heat honey and lemon mixture over low flame in a small pot.
5. Arrange pieces on a sheet pan and roast for 20 minutes.
6. Brush with any remaining paprika mix as well as honey and lemon mixture. Coat both sides. Be sure and flip the pieces and coat. Every. Single. Inch.
Tip: when you do this step, bring the whole pan out of the oven and shut the dang door so you can keep all that heat in. Besides, it’s hot as heck these days!
7. With the pieces now flipped, cook for another 10-20 minutes until chicken temps to 165 degrees and juices run clear
8. Let cool on raised rack for crispy finish