HONEY BBQ SRIRACHA CHICKEN
This recipe for Honey barbecue Sriracha Chicken Thighs is a great summer meal. It’s sweet and slightly spicy but not too spicy that the kids won’t love it too. Make it with the green beans as suggested below for a garden fresh side dish. Corn on the cob and watermelon are also great sides for this delicious grilled chicken.
Chickens raised on pasture are happy chickens. They get room to move and they get to enjoy scratching at the ground and hunting for the foods they were made to eat. These chickens get to eat clover, grass, grasshoppers, and all of the delicious things that chickens love. This is the type of chicken raised by the Grass Roots Cooperative in Arkansas.
Pastured chickens are leaner, firmer and much tastier than ‘conventionally’ raised chickens. In fact, you may even find yourself enjoying more parts of the chicken when you are eating pastured chicken.
I wasn’t always a fan of chicken thighs. At least not until I started eating thighs from pasture raised chickens. The thighs are not as greasy as you would find in conventional chickens and I was delighted at the taste. Pasture raised chicken thighs are quickly becoming my favorite part of the chicken.
HONEY BARBEQUE SRIRACHA CHICKEN THIGHS
Prep Time – 10 Minutes
Marinate – 4-6 hours
Cook Time – 30 minutes
- 6-8 chicken thighs, skins removed
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2-4 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup stone ground mustard
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- In a bowl combine all of the ingredients except for the chicken thighs. Stir to combine. Set aside 1/4 cup of the mixture to use for basting during cooking.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the chicken, tossing to thoroughly coat each piece.
- Cover and refrigerate the marinated chicken for 4-6 hours.
- Grill the chicken for 8-10 minutes per side until done. Brush chicken with remaining marinade before flipping. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer. The temperature should be 180 degrees.
- Serve while hot.
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 30 minutes
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 4 sliced bacon, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Clean and trim the green beans.
- In a medium skillet brown the bacon.
- Add the onion and cook until it begins to soften.
- Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the green beans and cook 8-10 minutes until they begin to brown.
- Add the chicken stock and cover. Cook until beans are tender.
- Remove the lid and allow the rest of the liquid to cook down. Add the salt, pepper and brown sugar to taste just before serving.