By Grass Roots partner Alison Marras
Serves 4 | prep time: 10 mins | cook time: 15 mins
What You'll Need
•2 lbs Coulotte Steak
•1 medium zucchini, chopped
•1 summer squash, chopped
•2 bell peppers, chopped (skip for AIP)
•1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
•Coarse sea salt to taste
• ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
• 3 tsp capers
• 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
• 1 Tbsp dried oregano
• 3 tsp red pepper flakes (skip for AIP)
• 4 garlic cloves minced
• Sea salt to taste
• ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Make chimichurri sauce by combining all ingredients in a food processor and pulsing until smooth, and set aside.
2. Clean steak by trimming off any remaining “silver skin”, leave the fat cap intact. Slice steak into 1-inch thick steaks with the grain. Discard the ends (they’re often too chewy), and keep the thick pieces (4-6 pieces) and season them with sea salt.
3. Toss chopped vegetables with olive oil to coat and season with sea salt to taste.
4. To a hot grill or an oiled cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, add the vegetables and steaks. Cook the steaks for approx. 9-12 mins., flipping halfway, for medium-doneness or to your liking. Cook the vegetables for the same amount of time or a little longer until golden brown on the exterior and soft on the interior.
5. Allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thin, serving alongside vegetables, and drizzling with chimichurri.